We are proud to announce that Andy Perenick, of RE/MAX Integrity, REALTORS in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, has been named the 2012 REALTOR of the YEAR! This award is given to the REALTOR® that best exemplifies professionalism and service to the industry. Andy has contributed outstanding time and energy to the betterment of the REALTOR® organization, the real estate industry and our
He was elected by Berkshire County real estate brokers to serve as the 2011 and 2012 President of the Multiple Listing Service corporation. In that role, Andy worked on enhancing services for the local real estate professionals. Over the course of two years, he worked tirelessly on many projects that were important to the continuation of a strong and thriving local trade and MLS service company. Behind the scenes, Andy was equally involved on critical committees that were charged with strengthening the association at all levels. His leadership includes service on the Realtor Board of Directors, as well as Finance, Investment, Personnel, and Professional Standards Committees. He was responsible for keeping the MLS relevant and member-centric, including leading the Board of Directors to work on contract and forms revisions, software updates, social media and governance.
As MLS President, Andy was the Berkshire County representative at the National Association of REALTORS NAR Midyear Legislative Meetings in Washington DC in 2011 and 2012. There he was charged to learn about emerging trends, represent the Berkshire region and bring information and resources back to the membership. Having gained knowledge and information through his service, Andy gives back by volunteering at the New Member Orientation program teaching on MLS and safety topics. He also spoke at the Annual Meeting of the Membership, at the Annual Installation of Officers meetings and to the membership at various meetings throughout the year.
In the Berkshire community, Andy serves as the 2011 and 2012 President of the Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Advisory Board for the City of Pittsfield and is very active in his children’s activities, specifically in service on the St. Agnes School Board and PTO. He is a volunteer ski instructor at Jiminy Peak and a member of UNICO and volunteer substitute for Meals on Wheels in the city.
Andy holds a real estate brokers license and obtained his accredited buyers representative (ABR) designation. He resides in Dalton with his wife Sarah, and his two boys (the light of his life); Alex and Jack.
In his own words:
“In line with the American dream it is an honor to help people buy a home to raise a family and contribute to our community. Real estate sales at its finest, is an honest focus on helping others to meet their goals. It is in this spirit in which I work with my clients and volunteer my time and energy to assist in advancing my Realtor community.”
- President, Multiple Listing Service of Berkshire County, 2011 &1012
- Vice President, Multiple Listing Service of Berkshire County, 2010
- Member, Personnel Committee, 2010-2012
- Officer, Berkshire County Board of REALTORS Board of Directors 2011,2012
- Director, Berkshire County Board of REALTORS Board of Directors, 2007- 2009
- The last central council president ever!!
- Tribunal Member Professional Standards Committee, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011,2012,2013
- Member, Finance Committee, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Speaker, New Member Orientation, 2009-Present [Safety, MLS]
- Member, Young Professional Network, 2011
- Member, Realtor Community Service Committee, 2007-2009
- Co-Chair, Strategic Planning Committee, 2011
- Member, IDX Task Force 2009
- Chair, Contract Population Task Force, 2009-2010