The REALTOR Promise: As REALTORS® we Pledge…
- To strive to be honorable and to abide by the Golden Rule;
- To strive to serve well my community, and through it, my country;
- To abide by the REALTORS’® Code of Ethics and to strive to conform my conduct to its aspirational ideals;
- To act honestly in all real estate dealings;
- To protect the individual right of real estate ownership and to widen the opportunity to enjoy it;
- To seek better to represent my clients by building my knowledge and competence.
Fair Housing Declaration. As REALTORS®, We Agree:
- To provide equal professional service without regard to the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin of any prospective client, customer, or the residents of any community
- To keep informed about fair housing law and practices, improving my clients’ and customers’ opportunities and my business.
- To develop advertising that indicates that everyone is welcome and no one is excluded; expanding my clients’ and customers’ opportunities to see, buy or lease property.
- To inform my clients and customers about their rights and responsibilities under the fair housing laws by providing brochures and other information.
- To document my efforts to provide professional service, which will assist me in becoming a more responsive and successful REALTOR®.
- To refuse to tolerate noncompliance.
- To learn about those who are different from me, and celebrate those differences.
- To take a positive approach to fair housing practices and aspire to follow the spirit as well as the letter of the law.
- To develop and implement fair housing practices for my firm to carry out the spirit of this declaration.
- The founding principles of membership in the Board of REALTORS® can be found in our Code of Ethics.