We are proud to announce that Anne Meczywor of Roberts and Associates Realty in Lenox has been named the 2010 REALTOR® of the YEAR! This award is given to the REALTOR® that best exemplifies professionalism and service to the industry. Anne has contributed outstanding time and energy to the betterment of the REALTOR® organization, the real estate industry and our Berkshire community.
She was elected by Berkshire Realtors to serve as the 2010 President of the 500 member trade association, having been actively involved in governance of the real estate trade association for many years.
Anne Meczywor is a full-time Broker/Associate with Roberts & Associates Realty, Inc. in Lenox, MA. She holds a bachelors degree in business administration with a concentration in marketing. Anne became a Realtor in 2001 and has earned the designations of Certified Buyers’ Representative and Seniors Real Estate Specialist.
- Professional Standards Tribunal Training Certification
- CBR (Certified Buyer Representative)
- SRES (Seniors Real estate Specialist)
- RSPS (Resort and Second Home Property Specialist)
- TRC (Transnational Referral Certification)
- AHWD (At Home with Diversity)
In 2007 she was first elected by her peers to serve in a leadership capacity on the Berkshire County Board of REALTORS Board of Directors, culminating in her election as the 2010 President.
Anne received a Presidential Appointment in 2010 to serve as a Massachusetts Association of REALTORS® Board Member. In that capacity she will attend all state meetings, take part in the regional caucuses and vote on state issues including fiscal matters and budgets, bylaws, governance and the general workings of the state association. Additionally, Anne is representing Berkshire County interests in the state Government Affairs Grassroots Action Committee and the Contract and Forms Committee.
On a national level, Anne has attended critical leadership meetings, including the National Association of REALTORS® Conference in San Diego and the Mid-year Conference in Washington DC. She participated in MLS and REALTOR® Forums, as well as REALTOR® Day on Capital hill, meeting with the Federal legislators representing Massachusetts and spoke about insurance, banking regulations and more.
Anne works with buyers and sellers of residential property throughout the Berkshires, focusing on primary and second homes, condominiums, and equestrian properties, regularly offering free seminars for first time homebuyers.A life-long resident of Berkshire County, Anne is a member of the Berkshire Chapter of Zonta International and is a parent liaison for Shakespeare & Company and the Lenox High School’s Fall Festival of Shakespeare Booster Club. She is an avid gardener, and enjoys reading, horseback riding, home decorating, cooking, theater and music. Anne and her husband, Jeff, reside in Lenox and have three children.
• Member of the Berkshire County Board of Realtors (2001-2010)
• Berkshire County Board of Realtors Board of Directors (President 2010, President Elect 2009)
• Berkshire County Multiple Listing Service, Inc. (Officer 2010)
• Finance Committee (2009, 2010)
• Government Affairs Committee (2008-2010)
• Professional Standards Committee (2006-2010)
• Nominating Committee (2009-2010)
• Education & Events Task Force (2007-2010)
• Multiple Listing Service Task Forces (2007-2010)
• Media & Communications Task Force (Member, 2008-2010)
• Site Search / Board Office, Building Task Force (2009-2010)
• Administration Committee (2009-2010)
• Schools of the Future PAG (2010)
• Member of the Massachusetts Association of Realtors (2001-Present)
• Government Affairs Committee Member (2010)
• MAR State Director (2009-2010)
• Massachusetts Association of Realtors Legislative Action Center (2008-2010)
• REALTOR Political Action Committee Fundraising (2010)
• REALTOR Days on Beacon Hill & Capital Hill (2009-210)
• Monthly MAR Housing numbers conference call
• New England Regional Conference NERC (2010)
• MAR Leadership Academy Applicant (2010)
• Attended MAR Conference, Awards Dinner, regional caucuses, state directors meetings, Installation of Officers Dinner and various programs held by the state association.
• Member of the National Association of Realtors (2001-Present)
• Crystal R RPAC Contributor
• Northeast Judge for Schools of the Future Finals (2010)
• NAR Midyear Meetings (2009-2010)
• NAR Annual Conference and Tradeshow (2009-2010)
• NAR Leadership Summit (2009)
• Resort and Second Home Symposium, Lake Tahoe (2010)
• Online Activity:
• Participant in NAR Legislative Action Center Calls to Action on legislative issues and Senate Bills affecting real estate transactions (2001-Present)
“Who knew bring Pep Club President and a Cheerleader in high school would be such great preparation for real life!
Real estate opportunities exist regardless of market conditions, but only by being positive and proactively seeking those opportunities will they be found for our clients.”