MassDREAMS provides down payment and closing cost grants for qualified first-time homebuyers in Massachusetts communities that were hit the hardest by the economic effects of COVID-19. Funding is provided by the federal American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) of 2021. MassDREAMS provides down payment and closing cost grants to first-time homebuyers who meet the program’s eligibility criteria and who currently live in one of the 29 communities that were disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic: Pittsfield is the community identified in Berkshire County.
To receive a MassDREAMS grant, buyers must:
- Be a first-time homebuyer
- Purchase a home in any Massachusetts community, using a MassHousing or MHP mortgage
- Currently reside in one of the 29 Disproportionately Impacted Communities in Massachusetts
- Buy a single-family home, condominium or 2-, 3- or 4-family home, which will be your primary residence
- Meet income and other eligibility criteria, which vary by location
How much assistance is available?
- Up to $50,000 for homebuyers earning up to 100% of the area median income (AMI)
- Up to $35,000 for homebuyers earning between 100.01% and 135% of area median income
How to apply
Visit www.mymasshome.org. Complete the screening questionnaire and follow instructions provided for next steps, or reach out directly to the Western Massachusetts Mass Housing Reps, Rocco Leone <RLeone@masshousing.com>; and Oneida Fuentes <OFuentes@masshousing.com> or local participating lenders: Academy Mortgage and Republic State Mortgage Co. (accoridng to the website as of 10/3/22)