Pulitzer Prize winner and No. 1 bestselling author Bill Dedman will take you on a guided tour of fair housing lessons from Newsday’s Peabody Award-winning investigation, Long Island Divided, which raised awareness of steering by real estate agents. Bill has spoken before HUD, meetings of the Federal Reserve, and now the BERKSHIRE BOARD OF REALTORS and friends. Join us for this remarkable webinar during Fair Housing Month!
Join Bill, a lead reporter on Newsday’s explosive three-year investigation Long Island Divided. He developed the methodology—recruiting, training, and deploying the 25 citizen testers equipped with hidden cameras. In response to the investigation, the National Association of Realtors® is developing a self-testing program to help associations and real estate companies test brokers and agents for fair-housing compliance. Would your team pass the test? Learn:
- Eye-opening video highlights from the investigation.
- How were the tests conducted?
- What were the major findings?
- How do we avoid steering?
- An inside look at common fair housing mistakes.
- What can agents say about schools?
- Policies to ensure fair treatment and reduce your legal risk.
- Updates on responses and new training from NAR.
“This is information that every Realtor® needs to know!” said Grace Smith, Vice President of Strategy & Engagement for Florida’s Greater Tampa Realtors®.
Join us to honor Fair Housing Month with this amazing opportunity brought to you by the Berkshire County Board of REALTORS and through a grant awarded to us by the National Association of REALTORS.