Many members have been calling about ranking reports to find out how they did in 2023 compared to others. As staff, we rarely promote this feature because it brings about soooo many complaints and calls to “just check if this is true”, so we are giving you the tools to do your own research.
- In the FlexMLS Menu, go to “Statistics” and then | “Inventory and Production”
- Find “Ranking Report” and click “Run Report“
- The next part is the tricky part – where you filter and search on the regions, types and locations you want to compare. This is where the rankings become very particular. Only Berkshire County? Only condos? Only Adams or some other town? yes, those are all criteria that can be used.
- You determine what you want to rank – members, offices/companies (those with more than one office) or just your office.
- You can chose how your report calculates: by # of sold Units or by Dollar volume.
- You will also need to determine what types of sales you want to compare – listing or selling (for all sales) is the most common to assess sales ranking, but there are other options. Listing side only, selling side only, listing AND selling side (dual agent sales only) are the other options.
Please remember that if you use ranking data in marketing materials, clearly describe the exact details of your claim. #1 is a very loose term. #1 in what, where and how. It also requires a disclaimer of where and when you obtained that data. So, with that caution – the Code of Ethics is the most important part of presenting a “true picture” for the consumers. Article 12 says: REALTORS® shall be honest and truthful in their real estate communications and shall present a true picture in their advertising, marketing, and other representations. And also remember your colleagues will be seeing your advertising and reporting any discrepancies. And finally, please remember that consumers typically want to know what you will DO FOR THEM, so focus on that!