It was our pleasure to attend the 2014 NAR Midyear meetings and expo, now re-named REALTOR Party Conference and Expo. We were in meetings everyday on a host of issues, some related to the organization’s structure and policies, much of it on legislation and reports from NAR workgroups. Below is a report on just some of the issues we thought would be of interest.
Thank your the opportunity!
Sandy Carroll, CEO
Mark McIlquham, Board President
Karen Climo, 2014 MLS President
Table of Contents – Lots of Great Stuff!
- Chief Economist Outlook Report, page 1
1st Quarter excepted to be sluggish, will rebound.
- New Realtor.com Agent Branding, page 2
Free Profile now linked to your Listings
- New FlexMLS Mobile App, page 3
iPhone Lovers Rejoice!
- Realtor Action Mobile App, page 4
Quick and Easy Way to Stay Connected
- Real Estate Issues on the Hill, page 5
Pressure on Real Estate Issues at Critical Crossroads
- REALTOR.com new Campaign: page 7
Psst, Accuracy Matters. Pass it on.
- Portal Dominance & Syndication, page 8
Point2, List Hub or Bust?
- Top 20 real estate websites, February 2014, page 10
Wow, lets see the movers, the shakers and the changes from just last year.
- New Organization Standards, page 11
Raising the Bar on Association Standards
- New National Election Process changes, page 12
Shorter Time to Rise in the Ranks at NAR
- Policy changes: MLS Professional Standards, Tax & Issues Mobilization, page 13
Changes to Policies Keep Us Moving Forward
- Creating Value in a Changing World Report, page 14
Association Executives Report on Trends.