We were so pleased to welcome one of the lead investigators to speak to us this week about fair housing, testers and best practices for all real estate firms. Below are the important links you might want to review and share with your officemates!
Bill also mentioned redlining and policies that have lead to segregation. Want to understand just the basics of that concept of our history of redlining in less than 6 minutes? This “Adam Ruins Everything: Disturbing History of the Suburbs video is an easy to digest look at why suburbs look the way they do now. You can also listen to the 6 minute WAMC report on redlining in Pittsfield by our local NAACP. For more in-depth resources, go to our Fair Housing webpage for links, books (the Color of Law!) and videos that go in-depth to understand this.
- Replay the Bill Dedman Lessons Learned from Long Island Divided 2 hour webinar
- Open / Print the Field Guide to Fair Housing
- Take the Fairhaven Challenge and send staff your photo so we can create and post your image!
- Check out who has completed the Fairhaven challenge or take your photo to use on social media or your own website
- Review our Fair Housing Webpage dedicated to all of the resources mentioned during the class. Including MAR’s consumer FH site!