You may have heard that the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court has issued an Order allowing public access into all courthouses, including registries of deeds, effective Monday, July 12, 2021. Although we are pleased that we were able to meet all of your registry needs during the pandemic, at this time, my staff and I would like to welcome you back into our Registry! Going forward, it is our goal to continue to serve you in the most efficient way we can while ensuring you receive the quality work you’re accustomed to and deserve.
We are keeping some of the same procedures that were implemented during the pandemic that you may have appreciated. In the interest of your time, we now encourage you to drop and leave. Yes! This same habit that was discouraged in the past, has now been perfected to save you valuable time. All we require is that you remain available via cell phone until your documents are on record.
Here are some things you’ll need to know before you arrive:
- Masks are mandatory for all visitors until further notice as per the Court Order.
- Public Search Terminals are limited to www.masslandrecords.com only. There is no longer an in-house software system available to the public.
- The Drop-Box located at street level may be used for non-time-sensitive recordings only.
- Once the building is opened to the public, you may bring your documents to the recording counter.
- Land Court Documents: Please continue to email your documents for review and make an appointment to register them.
- There are newly established protocols for recording, registering and researching that are posted on our bulletin board located in the vestibule area (before you enter the recording area).
- We ask that you allow yourself time to read and follow the posted instructions.
Finally, I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your incredible patience as we experimented with new ways to continue our operations while prioritizing your safety and that of my staff members. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, I will make myself available to take your call at your convenience.
Thank you for your time,
Patricia M. Harris
Register of Deeds
Berkshire Middle District
44 Bank Row, Pittsfield, MA 01201