- This event has passed.
Berkshire REALTORS 2018 Housing Summit
September 20 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pmFree
Please save the date now for SEPTEMBER 20th @ 4:30 p.m. The Berkshire Realtors’ 2018 Housing Summit at the Colonial Theater in Pittsfield will offer an opportunity for legislators, town leaders, housing practitioners and the general public to get the latest information on our market, exchange ideas to overcome challenges and build relationships to support a healthy housing market and ultimately a healthy Berkshire economy.
We are still in the planning stages for the detailed agenda but are hoping to secure an AMAZING keynote speaker for this event. Our basic goals of the summit will be to:
- Update and inform the housing community about the current housing state of affairs;
- Engage participants with different viewpoints in positive conversations;
- Provide targeted information on barriers to housing production or housing in general;
- Advise policy makers and housing providers about necessary local changes; and
- Promote opportunities for action to help our Berkshire housing market.
Community Stakeholders to Be Invited:
- Legislators on the local, state and national levels.
- MA Secretary of Housing and Economic Development, MA Office of HUD
- Town Managers, Councils, and Local Housing Authorities and Trusts
- Regional Housing Authorities, Boards and Associations.
- Massachusetts Association of REALTORS, MassHousing, MA Citizens’ Housing and Planning Association’s
- Real Estate Professionals, Area Builders & Lenders and Interested Members of the General Public
There will be coverage of our issues, and a major effort to have issues awareness display materials for the cocktail reception to be held after in the lobby / garage area. Although Colonial is secured for the date, we still have much work and meetings to work out the details and before we begin accepting reservations. The Board of Directors committed the funds needed to offer this event at no cost to the attendees, given it’s level of importance to the community.