There is good news to be found in the Berkshire County Real Estate 2018 1st Quarter Market Watch. First quarter real estate sales were up 18% in the dollar volume of sales transacted, compared to the first quarter of last year. Realtor-assisted sales generated over $80 million dollars in the first quarter of 2018, compared to $68 million last year. The number of total transactions sold fell by 5% countywide, with residential sales consistently down by 14% in each region. A strong condo and multifamily market reflects overall robust growth in sales.
HISTORICAL BERKSHIRE COUNTY 1ST QUARTER SALES: # of ALL TRANSACTION
The dollar volume of sales in the 1st quarter of 2018 rose in
all regions, central Berkshire lagged in number of units sold.
Northern dollar volume, 5 up 7%, # sold 5 up 2%
Central dollar volume, 5 up 10% , # sold 6 down 11%
Southern dollar volume, 5 26%, # sold the same
Feel free to share the video, the report, and/or the regional graphics in social media or in any manner you wish:
Get Ready – We’ve got an AWESOME event in the works… we are still working on the details, but we want you to save the date now for SEPTEMBER 20th! We are happy to share that have planned a major Berkshire Realtors’ 2018 Housing Summit at the Colonial Theater in Pittsfield to offer an opportunity for legislators, town leaders, housing practitioners and the general public to get the latest information on our market, exchange ideas to overcome challenges and build relationships to support a healthy housing market and ultimately a healthy Berkshire economy.
We are still in the planning stages for the detailed agenda but are hoping to secure an AMAZING keynote speaker for this event. It’s important now, because we know that every successful region has dynamic and diverse neighborhoods with a mix of housing opportunities, legislation that supports a well-balanced housing market, and protection of private property rights for all. And we need to work together with committed individuals at this crossroad. Our Housing Summit will:
- Update and inform the housing community about the current housing state of affairs;
- Engage participants with different viewpoints in positive conversations;
- Provide targeted information on barriers to housing production or housing in general;
- Advise policy makers and housing providers about necessary local changes; and
- Promote opportunities for action to help our Berkshire housing market.
Community Stakeholders to Be Invited:
- Legislators on the local, state and national levels.
- MA Secretary of Housing and Economic Development, MA Office of HUD
- Town Managers, Councils, and Local Housing Authorities and Trusts
- Regional Housing Authorities, Boards and Associations.
- Massachusetts Association of REALTORS, MassHousing, MA Citizens’ Housing and Planning Association’s
- Real Estate Professionals, Area Builders & Lenders and Interested Members of the General Public
If you have suggestions or input, please send Sandy@BerkshireRealtors.org a message and she will make sure the Government Affairs or Leadership working on the details see it!