After several very successful weeks of South County tours, the South County Broker Tour Taskforce tweeked guidelines for posting and participating in the tour schedule, and made recommendations to the MLS Board of Directors at their meeting on May 25th. The MLS Board unanimously approved the Open House Submission Policy, as follows:
Open House Submission:
Open houses submitted to the MLS must designate a specific date and time the property will be available for viewing and must allow MLS Participants and Subscribers to preview the inside of the property, and where designated as a public open house must allow public access. Properties that do not allow access to the inside of the property shall not be submitted to the MLS as an open house. Open houses designated as public open houses shall not include in the comments section as remarks related to the transaction such as contact names, phone numbers, email addresses, web site addresses or promotion for a closing service provider or any other peripheral service.
Broker open houses can be scheduled at any time and scheduling will be made available to all members in the MLS. There is no limitation on the time or location of properties open for other brokers preview. Should the property be located in a town that is participating in the South County Open House Caravan, members wishing to include their property in the scheduled tour must follow these guidelines:
- Entry of any property included in the caravan must be made to the MLS system by 4:00 p.m. on Friday.
- The scheduler will create and send the schedule out to hosts by 10:00 a.m. the following Monday.
- Changes to the times shown in the MLS Tour Schedule must be updated by 3:00 p.m. Monday.
- If changes are not made, the home can be shown but the agent is responsible to be present at the home for the time shown in the MLS and will not be considered part of the caravan.
- If more than one home is on the caravan schedule and is being hosted by the same agent; the agent must ensure there will be coverage for the tour even if the homes appear on the schedule back-to-back.
- It is strongly encouraged that host arrives at the home at least 10-minutes before, and remains at least 10-minutes after their scheduled tour time.
- All properties need to be in the designated towns according to the calendar in the Bulletin Board to be considered part of the caravan.
- All properties must be properly mapped in the MLS.
Thank you to all who participated in the South County Broker Tour Taskforce, and to Kim Wilder and Suzanne Crerar for their hard work in creating the tour schedule on a weekly basis. Anyone who may be interested in assisting as a scheduler can contact staff at the Board Office.