Do not miss this one! On Thursday, October 15th Matt Cohen, Clareity’s Chief Technologist, will be in the Berkshires to provide FREE training for Berkshire County Board of REALTORS members on Information Security. There will be a minimal charge of $25 for non-members. Doors open at 8:30 a.m. for a light continental breakfast, meeting runs from 9-11:00 a.m.
In this two-hour session you will learn practical steps you can take to:
- Improve information security practices,
- Protect clients’ sensitive information, and;
- Decreasing liability
Matt will provide advice learned over many years providing security audits for large brokers, franchises, MLSs and associations, and real estate software vendors. The session will cover relevant laws and regulations, policies and procedures, contracts, and physical security, as well as protections needed for networks, personal computers and mobile devices.
Matt Cohen, Clareity’s Chief Technologist, has twenty years of extensive real estate technology and business experience, and has been named by Inman News as one of the 100 Most Influential Real Estate Leaders. Matt has consulted for many of the top Associations, regional MLSs, MLS software vendors, and large brokerages, as well as a wide variety of information and technology companies that service the real estate industry. He is known as an expert in information security, and has toured the United States providing NAR-sponsored workshops on that subject, providing a security workshop at a past Inman News conference, and Matt has presented at the SANS Security East conference. Here’s just a few of the many fabulous testimonials Matt has received:
- I’m so glad I attended the workshop yesterday. I learned so many things to be aware of. I have already changed some things. – R. Henderson, Realtor
- Thank you for giving the Information Security workshop. I found several ideas and concepts that we’ll be looking to incorporate into our organization. Thanks again for a very informative workshop. – S. Ferner, Information Technology Manager
- This is the 3rd security related talk of yours that I’ve attended, I always seem to pick up something new. – R. Johnson, Manager, Planning & Design
- We appreciate your time and your willingness to share such extensive knowledge with us. We are definitely going to get some policies in place very soon. Thanks for the flash drive. I can’t wait to dig into the info on it. – S. Romeo, Broker-in-Charge