NAR’s REALTORS® Confidence Index (RCI) survey gathers on-the-ground information from REALTORS® based on their real estate transactions in the month. This report presents key results about market transactions. Download the Report Highlights January 2021:
- REALTORS® reported an increase in home tours from the prior month, with an average of four in-person home tours. Every home sold had nearly four offers.
- With little supply in the market, homes typically sold within 21 days, a record low since August 2020 (43 days one year ago).
- The share of first-time buyers rose to 33% (31% in the prior month, 32% one year ago).
- The pandemic continues to impact how people live and work. A higher share of buyers, at 88%, purchased a property in a suburban, small town, rural, or resort area (78% one year ago).
- Fifty-six percent of REALTORS® reported they had potential buyers looking for work-from-home features such as an extra room, a finished basement, or a bigger home.