This brief video shares the legal issues that a real estate professional may encounter as marijuana becomes legal for both medical and recreational use in many U.S. jurisdictions. NAR also has a lot of other written material that might be helpful in starting to learn about this emerging topic.
- Pot Businesses Need REALTORS too: Commercial practitioners dealing with helping growers secure property, (REALTOR® Magazine, Jan. 2015).
- Can You Just Say No? Marijuana is becoming legal in more states, which may make it tougher for landlords seeking to enforce their own bans, (REALTOR® Magazine, Jan. 2015).
- Legalization of Marijuana has Numerous Real Estate Implications, (National Association of REALTORS®, Nov. 8, 2014).
- State Marijuana Laws Don’t Protect Your Property, (National Association of REALTORS®, Nov. 9, 2014).
- Medical Marijuana Issues Hazy for Single-Family Homes, (REALTOR® Magazine – Daily Real Estate News, May 16, 2014).
- Marijuana is Starting to Intersect with Real Estate, (National Association of REALTORS® – Speaking of Real Estate, Jan. 6, 2014).
- What If Your Agent Smokes Pot? Employment laws are getting murkier around the issue of medical marijuana. If an agent tests positive, you may not be able to outright fire them, (REALTOR® Magazine, Nov. 2014).
- A Real Estate Boom, Powered by Pot (link is external), (New York Times, Apr. 1, 2017).
- Will Legal Marijuana Give Home Prices a New High?, (realtor.com®, Nov. 7, 2016)