Every April, REALTORS commemorate the passage of the Fair Housing Act of 1968. You can look forward to a month full of education, activities and discussions centered on fair housing in real estate. Check out Berkshire REALTORS Fair housing page with a TON of resources. Here are several ways to listen, learn and use the tools we have developed with MAR and NAR to honor this important milestone in housing history and commit to a better future ahead.
- Listen to Drive with NAR Podcast, powered by REALTOR® Magazine –Help Clients Get an Objective View of Local Schools. Available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher.
- Use the Fair Housing Guide in an Office Meeting!
- If you haven’t viewed the Berkshire presentation on Long Island Divided Real Estate Expose of Fair Housing Violations yet, now is the time to do so!
- Take the Fairhaven Simulation. When completed, post your commitment to it / the logo on your social media account
- Show you support by taking the equal opportunity in housing declaration of commitment to fair housing laws
- April 25 – Tune in to a Facebook Live event – At What Price? Overcoming Barriers to Homeownership featuring the 2023 Fair Housing Champion Award winners.
- April 26 – Attend a virtual event – Fair Housing – Beyond the Transaction at NXT Up! Register today
- April 26 – HUD presents Animals and Fair Housing: Paws for Thought Webinar –
NAR also has a Fair Housing Toolkit providing posters, graphics and and ideas you can use to promote Fair Housing Month. Discrimination in the real estate industry is real and ongoing. Fair housing impacts all NAR members, all markets, and all neighborhoods. As REALTORS, you have the opportunity to be a part of the transformative solution. Together we’re fighting for a fairer future. Because That’s Who We R.