Thank you all, for those attending the Annual Meeting and/or Charitable Chili Cookoff I want you to know that for every dollar raised today and tonight, whether in ticket sales or raffle tickets or straight donations, all of the proceeds will be given to Moment House in dedication and in honor of Tim Jack Carroll and Dawn Farley…. at current tally, we’ve raised $4,250. Our hearts were on fire with giving. We packed the house.
Thank the following for their contribution and participation – without their wonderful chilis we wouldn’t be able to offer this charitable event. Also thanks to Rob Dwyer, DJ (and those wonderful REALTOR dancers that made the party fun!), and to all of the REALTORS and offices that donated THE most amazing gift baskets for our raffle. WOWZA.
- First-time chili challenger, Roman’s Restaurant and Cuchifritos located on Tyler St in Pittsfield is bringing some Puerto Rican flare to the charitable chili cook-off this year. They offer authentic Puerto Rican food, with a Newyorican and Caribbean Fusion – and they are known for the best Cubans in town! They brought it to the cook-off… walking away with two awards of the evening… Best Presentation and overall Fan Favorite! I think it was the pickles. Pickles you say?! Yes! Go get their cuban sandwich and you’ll understand.
- The Olde Heritage Tavern in Lenox MA has been with the Chili Cook-off since we started 6 years ago, winning several years – and taking the Blazing Saddle award last year. They are also the annual host of one of our Battle of the Bartender fundraisers, so this tavern really goes out of its way for the community. The “Heritage” offers great homemade food in a casual atmosphere… and at non-Lenox prices – it’s where the locals go when they want to relax. John McNinch is a huge supporter of ours, slinging drinks at the Battle of the Bartender each spring and dishing up hot, hot, hot chili each fall. This year, John and his team walked away with the Blazing Saddles award.
- We’re betting that Ozzie’s Steak & Eggs is going to bring another delicious delight to the Charitable Chili Cook-off again this year. The drive to Hinsdale is worth it – their food is just deliciously homemade at reasonable prices. They also have a mobile trailer for summer charcoal city BBQ catering services. Their chili was so good, good enough in this tight competition to win for best “Outside the Pot”. And they brought candy bags to share with the big crowd. What’s not to love?
- Back again – we’ve got Tavern at the A kickin in their chili awesomeness. Head up to the Berkshire Hills Golf Course in Pittsfield and you’ll find the Tavern at the A on Crane Ave. In addition to great bar food, they often have live bands, trivia nights, open mic, and karaoke nights. They also have two Pool tables. Keno and patio seating when it’s nice. They had the most wonderful tasting vegetarian chili that still “tasted” like a hearty chili that warms you up on a cool evening. It was savory and delicious and so, so satisfying.
- When you think Malaysia, do you think CHILI? Well you should! Flavours is bringing their exotic spices to our event, and we couldn’t be happier. This place in Pittsfield next to the Beacon Cinema gets RAVE REVIEWS for Mama’s Malaysian cooking. It’s authentic and just wonderful. All food is freshly cooked to order, so there are lots of gluten free, vegan or vegetarian options as well as their mainstays. Their chili as outstanding as their daily fare, just the right combo of meat and heat!
- It wouldn’t be one of our Charitable Chili Cook-offs without Patrick’s Pub. We are so looking forward to some of their outstanding chili! Located on our beautiful Park Square in downtown Pittsfield – stop by and say Hi. They have been here since 1985, because of their commitment to good food and service. It’s a casual place with a full bar and private rooms for special events. They are always a crowd favorite.
- Salmon Run Fish House!!! Joining our Chili Cookoff for another year is this wonderful Lee Ma restaurant. While they are known for outstanding seafood (especially salmon and their Maine Lobstah roll) they have a diverse menu that is sure to please all tastes. Slow Roasted Prime Rib Friday and Saturday, and $10 lunch special so stop by! And their chili was so delish – thank you.
- The luck of Irish was with ye Paddy’s on Main. First time competitors for our Chili Cookoff, they are located in Dalton MA. Excellent food in a pub atmosphere with pub prices. They have some fun entertainment each night too, so check out their facebook page to plan your visit. They brought the YUM!