We’re here to serve…
In this section of our website, “Association Highlights” you will discover the spirit of Board of REALTORS®, our service to the membership, community and beyond. We have provided a comprehensive resource that contains not only our formal missions, governing documents and history, but also the fun and informative part of the Board. You can read about the volunteers that are currently serving the association and find our how you can take part – whether you are considering joining as a REALTOR® member of our Board, or if you are already a member and thinking of getting involved.
We hope you enjoy your exploration
Get Ready – We’ve got an AWESOME event in the works… we are still working on the details, but we want you to save the date now for SEPTEMBER 20th! We are happy to share that have planned a major Berkshire Realtors’ 2018 Housing Summit at the Colonial Theater in Pittsfield to offer an opportunity for legislators, town leaders, housing practitioners and the general public to get the latest information on our market, exchange ideas to overcome challenges and build relationships to support a healthy housing market and ultimately a healthy Berkshire economy.
We are still in the planning stages for the detailed agenda but are hoping to secure an AMAZING keynote speaker for this event. It’s important now, because we know that every successful region has dynamic and diverse neighborhoods with a mix of housing opportunities, legislation that supports a well-balanced housing market, and protection of private property rights for all. And we need to work together with committed individuals at this crossroad. Our Housing Summit will:
- Update and inform the housing community about the current housing state of affairs;
- Engage participants with different viewpoints in positive conversations;
- Provide targeted information on barriers to housing production or housing in general;
- Advise policy makers and housing providers about necessary local changes; and
- Promote opportunities for action to help our Berkshire housing market.
Community Stakeholders to Be Invited:
- Legislators on the local, state and national levels.
- MA Secretary of Housing and Economic Development, MA Office of HUD
- Town Managers, Councils, and Local Housing Authorities and Trusts
- Regional Housing Authorities, Boards and Associations.
- Massachusetts Association of REALTORS, MassHousing, MA Citizens’ Housing and Planning Association’s
- Real Estate Professionals, Area Builders & Lenders and Interested Members of the General Public
If you have suggestions or input, please send Sandy@BerkshireRealtors.org a message and she will make sure the Government Affairs or Leadership working on the details see it!
Two of our committees are kicking off on February 8th, so we’d love for you to consider joining us! REACT (Charitable) and Government Affairs (Advocacy). Please RSVP to Sandy Carroll if you plan to attend, so we can prepare seats and materials for all.
The REACT planning meetings (Real Estate Agent’s Charitable Taskforce), chaired by Mary Jane Dunlop, are tentatively scheduled for the 2nd Thursday of each month at 10 a.m. All are invited to attend and the various projects planned each year will be coordinated at these events. You can chose to participate in all projects, just some or one event that is important to you. All volunteers are welcome and encouraged to attend! Thank you. Find out more »
Chairperson Billy Keane invites interested REALTORS to participate in our Government Affairs Committee this year. Our Government Affairs Committee works to educate and empower our membership on issues that affect the real estate industry, private property rights, and/or the Berkshire community. We are currently studying the impact of rail service on the Berkshires, working to bring funding for smart growth to our region, and protecting home-ownership and private property rights. We also work to support efforts enhance the property use …Find out more »