We’re here to serve…
In this section of our website, “Association Highlights” you will discover the spirit of Board of REALTORS®, our service to the membership, community and beyond. We have provided a comprehensive resource that contains not only our formal missions, governing documents and history, but also the fun and informative part of the Board. You can read about the volunteers that are currently serving the association and find our how you can take part – whether you are considering joining as a REALTOR® member of our Board, or if you are already a member and thinking of getting involved.
We hope you enjoy your exploration
Theresa shares with us some updates from the Mass Association:
- The movie “Ruthless Realtor” aired over the weekend on Lifetime network. NAR has responded with a legal complaint regarding the trademark infringement. NAR has also removed all paid advertising from Limetime and A&E networks.
- There was no resolution by the Federal Government on the next round of stimulus package related to Covid-19. When they reconvene in September there will likely be another package passed.
- Federal Flood Insurance expires on September 30th. There will likely be a six-month extension. We will keep you posted should a call for action be issued.
- Fannie and Freddie have started a charge on refinances of 50 basis points. This applies to refi’s only…not a new purchase.
- com will be using the software tools provided by First Street related to flood zones and active listings. NAR is working with Realtor.com and First Street to provide FAQ’s related to flood zones, flood risk and flood insurance to help consumers learn more.
- Portell Law Group/Fair Housing and Website Demand Letters: NAR sent the following letter to thePortell Law Group on August 16th pushing back on their claims. The Massachusetts Association of REALTORS® collaborated with the Florida Association of REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS® to compose the combined response on behalf of our members. We will keep you apprised of any response NAR receives. Read the letter here and review MAR’s Advisory and FAQs Concerning Website Accessibility Claims on our website.
- The first in our series of Diversity, Inclusion and Fair Housing series took place last Thursday. The presentation by Suffolk Law was greatly received. The following two series are scheduled over the next two weeks:
- Part 2: Implicit Bias and Panel Discussion, Thursday, August 27, 2020, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM, Explore the attitudes or stereotypes that affect our understanding, actions, and decisions in an unconscious manner. Presenter: Ryan Wynett, Exhibit Manager of the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center. Followed by a moderated panel of MAR members. Link:https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5070851278912109580
- Part 3: Section 8 Housing and Vouchers, Thursday, September 3, 2020, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM, How it works and the benefits to landlords. Presenters: Alex Corrales, CEO of Worcester Housing Authority, Laurie Matosky, VP of Leased Housing – Worcester Housing Authority. Link:https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2749095038171750156
Theresa Hatton, CAE, RCE
Chief Executive Officer/Executive Vice President