March 23 @ 11:00 am – 3:30 pm | FREE for Berkshire REALTORS!
This course is broken into 2 parts. The first is RE83C13: Commercial Brokerage Due Diligence and Marketing of Real Estate. In this program, you will learn:
- Defining an Investor’s and Realtor’s due diligence
- Conducting lease reviews and developing market knowledge
- What you need to do to research mortgages prior to leasing
- Important aspects to researching the owner’s title
- Going to town Hall: what to look for and what offices to visit
- Establishing the factors of the physical asset
- Identifying and dealing with environmental issues
- Assessing the financial strength of tenant
Hands-On Learning: Bring your Measuring Device!!
The second part of the day will cover RE100C17: Commercial Real Estate Space: Methods to Measure Space and Impact on Tenant Rent. This course will be hands on.
- Impact of measuring commercial space on tenant rent / sale price
- Issues with space measurement and liability issues
- Identifying Types of Commercial Square Feet
- How measurements impact cost (and liability)
- Different Methods to Measure Space
- What differences exist in measuring office, industrial and retail spaces?
- Understand Common Area Conversion Factors
- Lease impacts on rent, lease terms and outside premise features
Robert J. Nahigian, SIOR, CRE, FRICS, MCR – Our Instructor
Rob has over 45 years of real estate experience with over 37 years exclusively in commercial and industrial real estate as a developer, advisor, expert witness, and broker of approximately $4.7 billion or real estate totaling 40 million square feet. He is a faculty member of Boston University, MAR, SIOR, RealtorU.