- This event has passed.
Leadership Is Listening
September 5, 2019 @ 2:00 am - 3:30 pm
Come and Be Heard! Thursday, September 5th @ 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. at the Country Club of Pittsfield. We’ve heard grumbling, (some louder than others) and are fielding multiple requests that new policies be considered, or an audience with the MLS Board of Directors be given so that views on things like:
- Creating a MLS coming soon registry,
- Coming soon listings that never come,
- Pocket listings and off market sales surge
- Listings that come on the MLS as already pending
- Only showing at public open house
- Appointments for showings given to select agents not all
- Weakening comps because listings not exposed to market aren’t considered “fair market value”
- And more… many showing changes that have emerged just recently can be aired.
Leadership needs to make important decisions that will likely affect our industry considerably in the months and years to come. They would like to HEAR FROM YOU with your thoughts, and let everyone participate in the conversation. So, with Peter West (MLS President) and Cortney Dupont (board President) on board – we’ve planned a Leadership is Listening meeting!
Open to all at no cost, you are invited to share your views (respectfully) pro/con of adding a coming soon status in the MLS, pocket listings, first on the market as pending, policies for homes that can’t be shown until the public open house, homes that can’t be shown during AirBnB weeks (i.e. all summer), our policy that homes must be shown in a reasonable time in order to be listed in the MLS and … ultimately, how we can make the home showing experience for our clients the best it can be without diminishing the value of cooperative brokers and the entire MLS system.
There will be those who will love the idea of this meeting for the entertainment factor, and those that want to stay away because there is a fear of heated / hostile exchanges. But no – it’s all going to be respectful. We know everyone can handle hearing information and sharing an option without attacking another business or agent, and without anger – because we are professionals. This is who we R. Nothing less will be tolerated. We will be extremely careful to allow everyone an opportunity to speak to problems and solutions, and not to name call, discuss individual office polices or practices or be combative in any way.
The basic agenda:
- Start with a clear overview of the rules of the road for the meeting
- Show NAR Video on coming soon cautions
- Review the scope of policies and MLS / Board decision making
- Open by attendees for discussion / suggestions
The leaders of our Board & MLS will have an incredible opportunity to hear what you have to say, and will listen to your colleagues opinion before making any policy decisions that will affect us all. Your Leadership is Listening. Be heard!